Preventing pests and rodents from taking up residence in your place of business is critical. Here are just a few ways that your business can avoid pest infestations and the potential health and property threats that pests and rodents can pose.
- “Pest-proof” your business by being vigilant of building maintenance needs
- Dispose of garbage regularly and store in sealed containers.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your business, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Don’t overlook proper drainage at the foundation; install gutters or diverts, which will channel water away from the building.
- Be sure your employees keep food sealed and stored properly.
- Clean high-volume areas daily, such as public eating areas and kitchenettes, where crumbs and trash are more likely to build up.