Think you know a lot about pests? Here’s a quick little quiz to test your pest knowledge!
- What pest has fossils dating back to the dinosaurs?
- What pest can live without food?
- What pest can jump the highest compared to its body size?
Scroll down for the answers.
1. Cockroaches have fossils that date back 350 million years. These ancient insects walked on the earth long before humans. Dating back to the dinosaurs, cockroaches have six legs, wings and antennae.
2. Yup! The answer is cockroaches yet again. Cockroaches can live for a month without any food, but they can only live for two weeks without water.
3. Fleas — these tiny insects can jump 150 times as high as their body length. They like to live on cats, dogs, humans and rodents. Jumping from animal to animal, these pests are attracted to their new homes by body heat.